Re: OldWorld Mac-specific problems; perhaps drop?

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:38:47AM +0200, p2@mind.be wrote:

> > > miboot will never work on oldworld machines without macos ROMs (like the
> > > Apple Network Server http://www.shiner.info/). So for me miboot is a
> > > dead end path.
> > >

> > Ok, so, do you have any roadmap for adding floppy support to quick ? And will
> > quick allow to get cdrom support on oldworld machines ?
> >

> Code exists. Needs debugging though (read: it doesn't work).
> quik should be able to get cdrom support on oldworld (modulo OF bugs).

Where is it, could we publisize it, so that the current momentum behind
oldworld gets directed to it. Aurelien Gerome has together with Wouter and a
few others opened the debootloaders alioth project, which currently holds
emile, miboot and yaboot, and would be a natural repository for quik also, and
get people to get involved in this.

> > I agree that quick seems the worthier solution compared to miboot, but i
> > haven't looked at the code of both.
> >

> It should even be possible to make a unified loader which replaces both
> yaboot and quik.

iThat would fit in well with the grub2 concept, but you don't like grub2, if i
remember well.

Friendly,

Sven Luther