Re: OldWorld Mac-specific problems; perhaps drop?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 03:41:34PM +0200, p2@mind.be wrote:

> > Well, maybe, but floppy booting in quick is something we have been hearing
> > about since a couple of years, and still doesn't quite work. I see more
> > momentum behind miboot right now.
> >

> miboot will never work on oldworld machines without macos ROMs (like the
> Apple Network Server http://www.shiner.info/). So for me miboot is a
> dead end path.

Ok, so, do you have any roadmap for adding floppy support to quick ? And will
quick allow to get cdrom support on oldworld machines ?

I agree that quick seems the worthier solution compared to miboot, but i
haven't looked at the code of both.

Friendly,

Sven Luther