Re: Horrible performance: hdparm

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> What does people feel to make hdparm with DMA enabled to be default for
> etch?

Leave the DMA default for the kernel (hint: it is already on for disks, and
unless we are compiling our kernels with the "DMA only for disks" option,
also for ATAPI devices when the IDE bridge is not crap).

What you *can* do that would be helpful (and really, this would be best
fixed in the kernel as well) is to set -u 1 by default, but don't change -d
(dma).

  Henrique Holschuh