Re: issue installing etch with daily build of d-i on x86 with advansys controller

On Thursday 06 July 2006 07:30, Pancho Horrillo wrote:
> I just wanted to report the absence of this driver, and that, even if
> marked broken, it worked for me and others, so it is not unfashionable
> to activate it in linux-2.6.16, if only for the benefit of users of
> advansys SCSI controllers on x86 (hey, that includes me! :)
>
> Maybe backporting if from 2.6.17 wouldn't be a bad idea, either.  I
> think it should be quite straightforward.

For backporting you are asking the wrong people...
However, 2.6.17 is already in unstable and it currently looks like that
will be the kernel the Etch release will be shipped with, so that would
make backporting unnecessary.

This also means that the installer will start using 2.6.17 after the Etch
Beta 3 release we are currently preparing. The driver should be added at
that point, but if you could check that some time that would be
appreciated.

Cheers,
FJP