Re: d-i on ancient hardware

Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@angband.pl):

> Ok, let's continue with the text installer...
>
> 5. A question "Choose a country, territory or area" has "Choose
> language" on the dialog caption.  What language, who, where?
> Especially as lowmem just gave me a message about continuing in
> English, this can be confusing.  What about "Choose location"?

Well, yes and no. "Choose language" is the menu entry for
localechooser, which covers the selection of language+country+locale

So, that "title" is here for all questions coming from localechooser

I did think a lot about this issue and imagined something like "Choose
language/country" or "Choose locale" BUT I finally decided to keep
"Choose language" for two reasons:

- we ask translators to keep English in their translation for this
  so having something longer would make the translation impossible
  (the string being a menu entry also is limited to 55 columns)

-the most important with these menu entries is their presence in the
 main menu. Here we *want* to say that what's hidden behind "Choose
 language" is first the language selection step.

So, yes, this is the consequence of having the dialog titles showing
"Choose language" even for the country selection dialogs. But unless
we use something else than the menu entry for dialog titles, there's
not much that we can do abou tit.

PS: several of the points in your mail should actually be turned
into bug reports against the relevant modules. Not sure that another
D-I team member can do it but it would definitely be good. I
especially think about the lowmem+G-I issue.