Re: Network problems with testing using netinst CD-image

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 09:20:38AM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi,

  [ strange network problem on hardware that worked before ]

> The only command connecting to the network I found is wget. No ping, ssh
> etc. How to debug using wget only?

Only limitted.
If wget works, you have a working network.

If not, see I you can see a log entry on the server.
An entry means that that the cable is connected for the transmit part
and that you have trace why the recieve  fails.

> (Maybe I should get the netinst iso file from the daily builds to get
> access to sid/unstable, but this is unimportant wrt the network.)

Doing nothing, will change nothing.

You reported that the hardware did work,
so give changing the software a chanche.

> Thanks,

Geert Stappers