Re: PXEBOOT problem on Client desktop

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 04:54:55AM +0900, support wrote:
> Hi,
> .
> I am tring to boot using PXEBOOT on client.
> D-i is kernel-2.4.27 and client PC is HP745 pavilion.
> My dhcp.conf looks fine and it also worked well.
> Also BIOS setting was set to use NETBOOT which is the highest priority for boot.
> When I power on the client, there are severaal message related to PXEBOOT.
> Finally there is a error message as the following.
> "Server does not support tsize"

It means: use another tftp server (configuration)

> Could you please give me some tips ?

I'm a happy user of the debian package tftpd-hpa.
This is from it's package description:
 This is a tftp server derived from OpenBSD tftp with some
 extra options added. It is useful if you want to use the
 PXE protocol which has some non-standard requirements for tftp.

Cheers
Geert Stappers