Re: Fwd: Progress report on CodeFestAkihabara, macbook Debian installation experience

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 07:21:32PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Junichi sent this to d-devel, but I feel it's relevant for d-boot too :-)

thanx, I got a Macbook today and I'm trying to install Debian on it
First experience ever with an Apple product, so I have no background
with tools / problems

>   Current work around is to reboot into rEFIt and run gptsync, and
>   then run d-i from CDROM, and then configure the bootloader.

could you please give more details about this?
I read about gptsync from:

http://sharealike.org/index.php?p=258&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

but I don't know how to properly run this (usin "bless" I guess, but
I have problems with the syntax)

> I'm feeling quite stuck since it is impossible to install Debian
> without either an external storage or a MacOSX installation.

same here

thanx,
Davide