Re: GTK+ 2.8.18 experimental debs/udebs

Eddy Petrişor wrote:

<snip>

I also added a strace for a regular (no video=ofonly) session at the same place.

I looked at both dfb and strace logs and this could be bug #342053 : have you tried booting with the textual frontend, adding "no-hardware" to directfbrc and then starting the graphical frontend ? I also remember that on sven's macintosh (which should be similar o yours), back at extremadura, we had to boot textua, run gtk-demo, close gtk-demo, and then run the graphical installer as we were experiencing a system crash very similar to the one you described.
Could you try this latest trick too ?

Attilio