Re: Status of debian-installer for the native ppc64 port

tags 301120 -wontfix
tags 339716 -wontfix
tags 365203 -wontfix
tags 365345 -wontfix
thanks

Hello,

On 06-Jun-28 13:25, Frans Pop wrote:
> We have discussed including the ppc64 port again during the d-i IRC
> meeting last Saturday. I am happy to let you know that we've decided to
> add support in the d-i repository, with the following conditions:
>
> * the d-i team will not maintain ppc64 data
> * ppc64 will not be allowed to interfere with release plans (i.e. any
>   needed changes have to be submitted in time before any freezes)
> * in principle we will not do separate uploads for ppc64 changes
> * ppc64 data may be removed if not maintained
>
> So, if these conditions are OK with you, you are welcome to file your
> patches and remove the wontfix tag from existing bug reports.
> As we are currently starting preparations for the Beta3 release of d-i,
> the patches probably will not be applied until after that release has
> happened.

This is good news! The above conditions are of course perfectly all
right. I would not have asked for anything else for a non-release
architecture like ppc64.

Thank you for taking the time to prepare and make this decision
about ppc64.

Regards
Andreas Jochens