Re: RFC: partman-auto-crypto

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 21:42, David Härdeman wrote:
> It's now at a point where it seems reasonable to move it into the
> regular tree (/d-i/packages/partman/partman-auto-crypto).

I've not had time to review this yet, but yesterday I added support in
partman-auto-lvm for preseeding the disk. This also required a small
change in partman-auto.

I suggest you also prepare p-a-c for preseeding. We can make the change
needed in partman-auto when p-a-c moves to trunk.

See commits 38428+38434 for p-a-l and 38427 for partman-auto for the
changes I made to make p-a-l preseedable.

As for including p-a-c in Beta 3, I'd prefer not to for the following
reasons:
- I am hessitant to have another shared code reorg so shortly before
release, but think it should be done before uploading
- I'd like to see a resolution of the LVM/swap question before releasing
- adding yet another option in the partman-auto menu for each disk will
probably crowd the Manual partitioning option off the first screen and
that's too important for that to happen too often
- I feel it is a good idea to first have more experienced users try crypto
"manually" and getting feedback on it before making it too accessible for
less experienced people

Cheers,
FJP