Re: Status of debian-installer for the native ppc64 port

Hello,

Holger Levsen wrote:
> which solution do you think is better? the cross-installer (isnt there
< one for amd64 already?) or the native installer?

There is currently no cross-installer for amd64 as far as I know.

There is not even a 64-bit kernel flavor in the i386 repository.
There was one some time ago but it has been discontinued.

I do not think that there is a 'better' solution. Both solutions
have their place. The amd64 native 64-bit installer should not be
dropped just because the i386 32-bit installer can be used to
cross-install amd64. The same is true for the ppc64 case in my opinion.

Anyway, at the moment the native 64-bit installer is the only one
that works for the ppc64 installation. But it would certainly be
helpful to get the cross-installation option also implemented.

Regards
Andreas Jochens