Re: finding a technical workaround

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 04:58:32PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> So when we are back to work and there is actual
> source code at http://alioth.debian.org/projects/freedi/
> how will we be interacting with the "Free d-i project"?

Just for information, the freedi project was never intented to be a fork, it
was a place for holding more experimental d-i stuff, which the d-i team
doesn't want into d-i proper for whatever reasons, as you can see in the
desciption.

Raphael Hertzog made sure that this was the case when he allowed the account,
so, no this was not a place dedicated for a fork.

Furthermore, the freedi name was not intented to mean free d-i, but was a game
play on freedy-of-the-long-knives, or whaever his name was, and a good place
to experiment, the idea was to have as logo freedy using his knives on some
kind of debian cd or something to show the experimental nature of it, a bit
like calling unstable sid because he broke the toys.

Maybe not the best of names, but there was no bad intentions behind it.

And furthermore, if there was a fork, it will more likely be a svk-synched
local copy (possible on freedi since this is available to me), with each
change being submited as bug report with the log as comment or something such.

This is exactly the situation which i find ridiculous, that we go through
so much hurdle just because some are unwilling to make an effort to work
together, and all effort in this way is left to me, and rejected out of hand.

Friendly,

Sven Luther