Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2 - time for gtk+-directfb

Last night I sent the following message which probably did
not get through because of the 90Kb attachement.
Sorry if this is the second time you rereceive this.
The patch is now available in [1].

regards,
Davide

[1] http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/gtk+-directfb_2.8.17.patch.gz

Hi Dave and all,

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 01:03:37PM -0700, Dave Beckett wrote:
> I've made another cairo 1.1.6-1 experimental deb set, this time there's a
> new libcairo2-directfb-dev which can be parallel installed with the
> libcairo2-dev and answers to 'pkgconfig cairo-directfb --libs' etc.
>
> It's in the same place as the other packages:
>   http://download.dajobe.org/debian/experimental/
>
> Don't forget as there are new deb packages here, there's at least a month to
> wait for the NEW "queue" to process them before you can use them after I
> upload them to debian.

excellent!
I think it's time to "pass the ball" to the gnome team since cairo-directfb seems to
work fine:

- the udeb has been succesfully used to build an unofficial image of the graphical
  installer [1]

- I installed the -dev package on a sid chroot and managed to compile
gtk+-directfb_2.8.17 (configured using "--with-gdktarget=directfb") using
the patch by Attilio plus a few changes needed to reflect the
"cairo-directfb" new namespace and some cleanup.  The updated patch is
attached and is now organized as an unique text file.

I tried to rebuild starting from a clean cvs checkout + patch and it works fine.

What we would need now (names might be wrong) is:

gtk+-directfb_2.8.17.udeb - containing the runtime libraries used by the graphical
installer

gtk+-directfb_2.8.17-dev.deb - used to build the graphical frontend on the build
machine (cdebconf-gtk in particular)

please don't hesitate to ask

Thanx a lot,
Davide