Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2

On 6/9/06, Viti Davide <Davide.Viti@siemens.com> wrote:

> On 6/9/06, Viti Davide <Davide.Viti@siemens.com> wrote:
> > Do you think I would have said that without having checked before?
>
> You haven't made it easy to let us understand that you did.

Here's a snippet of the message you're referring to:
"> Only two pc files and two libs, right?"
"No: include files differ."

I said they differ; if you don't trust what I said is up to you to
double check it yourself.

For me history began a little bit earlier :-), more exactly, at this snippet:
--------------
If that is true, then the headers should not be different and the
information in the pc can point to the two cairo libs which will be in
/usr/lib/ no problems.

there will be two pc files:

cairo.pc (already created)

cairo-directfb.pc - this can be created inside debian anc copied in the right
place via debian/libcairo2-directfb-dev.install with a line like

debian/cairo-directfb.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig

the same way it's done in the gtk+2.0-directfb package

(With my poor knowledge of packages and policy) I would use
/usr/include/directfb which is already used by directfb itself.

I think that is a polution of the directfb space, I would go for
usr/include/cairo-directfb

--
Regards,
EddyP