Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2

On 6/8/06, Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org> wrote:
> The "regular" and "-directfb" lib and -dev packages would need to be
> co-installable on a regular Debian system.

That's not possible since both -dev packages have to provide the same file
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc and conflict, so that 'pkgconfig cairo --libs'

No, I don't think that's right, you will have somthing like is done
for gtk packages[1][2]; I think the packages should provide cairo.pc
and cairo-directfb.pc

As is done there:
usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-directfb-2.0.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-directfb-2.0.pc

are provided by libgtk+2.0-directfb-dev

while

usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-2.0.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-pixbuf-2.0.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-pixbuf-xlib-2.0.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/gdk-x11-2.0.pc
usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-2.0.pc

are provided by libgtk2.0-dev.

Am I missing something?

[1] http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=libgtk%2B2.0-directfb-dev&version=unstable&arch=powerpc&page=1&number=all
[2] http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=libgtk2.0-dev&version=unstable&arch=powerpc&page=1&number=all

etc. work in dependent packages.  There's no 'pkgconfig cairo-directfb --libs'.

It could be made so that libcairo2 & libcairo2-directfb are co-installable
(under /usr/lib/libcairo-directfb) but the libcairo2-dev and
libcairo2-directfb-dev must conflict/replace each other.

Dave