Re: Some questions

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 07:27:34PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
David Härdeman wrote:
here's a couple of questions in no particular order that I hope someone can answer for me:

1) what is the purpose of packages/partman/partman-lvm/parted_names/lvm?
  (simply contains the string "linux-swap")

IIRC this is a hack since there's no lvm partition type, but I may be
wrong.

Where is the hack invoked?

2) should we do svn propset svn:ignore "*" on trunk/installer/build/localudebs?

IMHO not, it would make it easier to miss that you have localudebs,
which can be a bad thing when doing official builds.

ok

3) why does partman-lvm need to ask whether old volume groups should be brought up or not the first time it is invoked? Why not just do it and let the user delete them if he doesn't want them?

Maybe there are cases where a activating a broken old lvm volume can
cause trouble or be otherwise undesirable?

Wouldn't it be a bug in the lvm tools if they decide to activate broken lvm volumes? Should we really workaround that (theoretical) bug?

Re,
David