Re: sarge3 kernel build & r3

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 07:41:05PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > It would be good if we would be able some day to release kernel
> > updates in a more timely fashion and also not accumulate this many
> > security updates in one update.  However, due to the number of
> > architectures and affected packages I'm not sure this goal can be met
> > any time soon.  But that's a different story...
>
> It will be possible for Etch, the linux-2.6 kernel packages can be
> autobuilt, which should reduce the overhead significantly.

The d-i .udeb packages remain a mess, and the out-of-tree modules need some
work yet. But basically, thanks to the excellent work of the kernel team, it
should be much less of an issue than it was for sarge, altough cooperation
from other teams is needed to go to end of the process, cooperation that has
mostly been rejected violently in the past though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther