sarge3 kernel build & r3
I saw some questions on irc about the sarge3 kernel build & r3...
<zobel> it's just, i actualy wanted to release sarge r3 with sarge2
kernels. now i get told sarge3-kernels are already prepared, which
disapoints me a bit, as noone told the stable release team there will
be another kernel update round for r3 :(
<waldi> ask dannf, he prepares the updates currently
<zobel> and actually sarge r3 is just waiting for a new d-i, which i
understand is currently waiting for kernel udebs...
<zobel> dannf: ^
<waldi> -boot is responsible for the udebs anyway
During the d-i bof at DebConf I pointed out that the sarge3 kernel
build is in progress and is not an ABI change - there was consensus to
wait for this build before doing the d-i build for r3. I don't
remember the timeline we discussed for this build. The current status
is that the build is complete and pending upload by the security team
(I think Moritz would be the one to do it, so I've cc'd him).
I believed aba, joeyh & fjp were all in on this decision, but apologies
if it didn't get communicated back to everyone involved.
<h01ger> dannf, as long as u dont upload (before coordinating with
zobel/srm-team) everybody is happy about your work :)
Personally, I don't care which kernel gets used - that's a
stable-release/d-i decision in my opinion. However, I do not think we
should delay the release of the sarge3 kernel to security.debian.org -
I want to avoid any situation that would prevent us from doing timely
If you decide to stick with sarge2 for r3, would an upload of sarge3 to
security.debian.org break this? As I understand it, sarge2 is already
in the queue archive for stable, so those bits would still be