Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2

Frans Pop wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Sunday 28 May 2006 00:37, Dave Beckett wrote:

I can try to build one in a few days time but I'm unsure how I could
test it (in isolation) as I'm not familiar with udebs.

If you can provide a udeb, we can at least check its contents and I'm sure that one of us will be able to test with it.

If you need any help, feel free to ask here or on IRC (#d-boot on OFTC).
Maybe the paper [1] for my Debconf workshop can help as well.

Most important for us is that the libs in the udeb are built against only the directfb backend and not e.g. the X backend.

you have to build cairo >= 1.1.2 with --enable-directfb=yes
--disable-xlib and you may also want to exclude building of ps and pdf
backends.
Please, also remember we need the cairo library to be built against DFB
0.9.24.

Josselin Mouette, from debian-gtk-gnome team, said he's ready to try
building gtkdfb 2.8.17 package as soon cairodfb gets packages, so i
belive having cairodfb packaged as soon as possible is very important
for the GTK libraries upgrade process.

Attilio