Re: Request for a DFB version of libcairo2

Hi Dave,

On Sunday 28 May 2006 00:37, Dave Beckett wrote:
> I can try to build one in a few days time but I'm unsure how I could
> test it (in isolation) as I'm not familiar with udebs.

If you can provide a udeb, we can at least check its contents and I'm sure
that one of us will be able to test with it.

If you need any help, feel free to ask here or on IRC (#d-boot on OFTC).
Maybe the paper [1] for my Debconf workshop can help as well.

Most important for us is that the libs in the udeb are built against only
the directfb backend and not e.g. the X backend.
We also need to be able to build other (library) udebs using regular
library and -dev packages. I don't know if/how that will work if the udeb
is compiled with different configuration options than the debs.

Please do not upload to unstable without checking with us first. We will
probably have to resolve a package name conflict with the package that
currently provides the libcairo udeb. We'll also have to make sure that
uploading the udeb does not break the daily builds of the graphical
installer.

Cheers and thanks,
FJP

[1] http://people.debian.org/~fjp/talks/debconf6/paper/