Re: Debian IRC channels moving to OFTC....we shoudl do something

On Sunday 04 June 2006 16:08, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> >Because it makes sense to have the Debian Installer development
> >channel on the Debian IRC server.
>
> People used OFTC for development channels even when it was not
> "official", why do you want to set a double standard now?

From the debian installer project home page:
   "We also have an IRC channel, #debian-boot on irc.debian.org. This
   channel is used mainly for development, but occasionally for support.
   If you do not receive a response, try the mailing list instead."

This has always been the text there. If the project decides to move
irc.d.o to a different network, it's only logical that #d-boot follows.

Personally I have nothing against either network, but staying on FreeNode
when the project has decided to move does not seem logical to me.

Cheers,
FJP