Re: please let mdadm-udeb into testing

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2006.06.01.0423 +0200]:
> I uploaded mdadm-udeb 2.4.1-2 into unstable tonight. Please let it
> progress into testing (it's a UDEB and thus requires a hint,
> AFAICR).

16:20 < fjp> vorlon: Please remove hint for mdadm. In
             <20060531180157.GA2078@lapse.madduck.net> Martin warns that mdrun
             will be deprecated and so migrating mdadm will break Beta2.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. Of course I would not remove
mdrun and request the migration.

mdadm 2.4* will continue to support mdrun as before (no changes). It
has been deprecated in 2.5-1. I will remove mdrun from 2.5 only when
it's ready to move to unstable.

For now, let 2.4 go into testing. If we release etch with it, that
would be just okay. 2.5 doesn't really add that many new features.
But then again, we might just well make it. Upstream is very nice.

Anyway, mdadm 2.4.1-3 replaces -2. Please readd the hint.

`. `'`

"politics is the entertainment branch of industry."
                                                        -- frank zappa