Re: distributed version control systems

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:20:12PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Imagine i upload a new nobootloader version, with some changes in it. I either
> upload it directly, without revision system, or with my own shadow copy of the
> d-i svn like above.

> Now, someone else needs to modify nobootloader. He is not aware of my changes,
> commits to the d-i svn, and uploads the package. My changes are lost.

If you are the maintainer of nobootloader, and you are not allowed to commit
to the d-i svn repo, then it is appropriate to request that the d-i
maintainers deprecate the svn repo for these packages.

Of course, if you begin with the assumption that the d-i team is
unreasonable, it's only natural that you're going to run into problems...