Re: S/390 and persistent device naming (was: s390 update - partman requirements)

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:51:50AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > - Must save exact informations about the root device or any device
> >   which is needed for them if it is LVM/MD. s390 don't have device
> >   autoconfiguration and therefor must know, which device it needs to be
> >   configured to get the root.
> No idea about this.

But I have one. partman-md and partman-lvm have to save the partman
devicespec of the underlaying devices somewhere in
/var/lib/partman/$dev. Than a special script in finish.d can just travel
through them and save the informations somewhere else.

Bastian

--
We have found all life forms in the galaxy are capable of superior
development.