Re: installing from a Compact Flash IDE using the USB stick receipe

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 18:38, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> 1) every time I write the ready-to-use boot.img.gz to /dev/sda1, the
> 512Mb media ends up showing as a 128Mb media afterwards.

That is correct as that image is targeted at 128 MB devices. Use the
"manual method" instead if you want to use the full size of the device.

> 2) the device cannot seem to find the boot sector of the media.

No idea. Does your BIOS support booting from USB? A lot of them don't or
are fairly particular about what they will support.