Re: Debian installer doesn't install kernel

	I have some time today, so I'll resume work on the problem.
	You two gentlemen seem to stay up amazingly late at night.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 02:55:32PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:56:27AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> >

> For a pair of root.img and boot.img visit
>  http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/beta2/images/floppy/

	I will do that first.  Maybe we'll be extremely lucky, and
downloading a set of 3 self-consistent floppies will make the problem go
away.

> (That doesn't solve the problem that boot.img is missing from the dailly
> build, it just allows to continue chasing this "bug" )
>
> > As I've said before, this is an extremely strange "bug" (quotes because I
> > doubt it is a bug) which you'll probably have to trace yourself as I
> > doubt anyone else will be able to reproduce it.
> > To reproduce it, your best chance is to add a 'set -x' to
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/base-installer before it is run and study what the
> > script is doing. The trace from the script will appear
> > in /var/log/syslog.

	I assume that you want me to mail /var/log/syslog to you after the
test run.