Dejavu and Vietnamese: unreadable (was: Re: [g-i] freefont vs. dejavu

On 23/03/2006, at 7:07 AM, Davide Viti wrote:

I'd like to run some more tests but here's how Vietnamese looks
like when using DejavuSans (out of dejavu 2.4):

http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/shots/vi_dejavu24.png

looks a bit weird to me.

<chokes>

Just a bit... it's unreadable. Most of the accents are missing or replaced by nonsense characters. This is in UTF-8?? A true Unicode font??

I don't think they can have integrated the Verajja glyphs yet. It covers Vietnamese quite adequately.

I'd better write to them about this <sigh>... this is bad.