Re: Sarge Installation not bootable

On Monday 13 March 2006 16:29, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Because I am currently very Off-Line (and not in Strasbourg) I have
> downloaded 3 different Netinstall-ISO's of Sarge via GSM/EDGE with
> arround 120-150 kBit/Second....
>
> A friend of me has downloaded 4 other Netinstall-CD's...
>
> All Images since 2006-02-25 are broken!!!

This is utter nonsense. We've been working on the Beta2 release for Debian
Installer and thus been testing a lot. Although there have been some
problems, no images during that time have been totally "broken".

Anyway, Beta2 has now been released, so please (last time) try that.

If you do have problems with that, please tell us what the problems are
instead of just saying "they are broken". How the hell do you expect us
to debug that? Please file an installation report [1] with details.

Also, please tell us exactly which image you have used (_full_ URL).

> Currently I am downloading the E-Mails (15.800) of the Last 2 1/2
> Weeks... and I do not know, whether the problem is allready solved
> or not.   :-/

As I have no idea what problem you are referring too, I cannot tell you if
it has been solved.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug