Re: Debian Installer team monthly meeting minutes (20060304 meeting)

> Graphical partitioner
> ---------------------
>
> The goal is having some tool that better fits in a graphical installer
> than partman.
>
> gparted could be OK for this but, being written in C++, it requires a
> C++ udeb, which is not supported by the glibc maintainers.
>
> As a consequence, Xavier Oswald began working on a C rewrite of
> gparted named gdisktool
> (http://oskar-box.hd.free.fr/debian/screenshots/gdisktool.jpg).
>
> Given the still early stage of this development, having it in the etch
> graphical installer is not very likely to happen (as the graphical
> installer is itself just stabilizing right now).
>
> However, Xavier is encouraged to build a tentative udeb so that
> unofficial images can be easily built and give gdisktool more
> exposure.
>
> The source code will soon be committed in gparted SVN.

done:
svn.debian.org/svn/parted/gdisktool

It detect the list of devices and give informations about mounted partitions.

I'm on the point to begin with linux-swap support.
and check if partitions are mounted or not and show free space disk.

Friendly,
--
Xavier Oswald