Re: DebianInstaller does not include a driver for my network card

On Friday 10 March 2006 22:39, Vadim Dvorkin wrote:
> I try to install Debian on my hp pavilion ze4610us laptop by
> netinstall.

Which netinstall? We have about 50 variations of them...
Please include the _full_ URL of the image you downloaded.

If you used the official Sarge version of the installer, the reason is
probably that the Sarge kernel does not support your NIC. In that case,
please try the Etch version of the installer [1] which has a lot newer
kernel.

> Following your FAQ I send your the output of lspci -v (lspci-v.out file
> in the attachment) and lspci -vvx for additional (lspci-vvx.out file in
> the attachment).

Thanks for that info, but we need some other info as well, so please fill
out a full installation report [2] (after you've tried the Etch version
of the installer (and please include the lspci info again).

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
    (use links under "if you like something newer")
[2] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug