Re: D-I Etch Beta2 - Status update (4)

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 11:51:20AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 09 March 2006 11:29, Sven Luther wrote:
> > >
> > > Full CDs are now available for testing too.
> >
> > Can someone now upload the new partman-base ? It should (hopefully) fix
> > the prep problem, and we waited for beta2 to be out before uploading
> > it.
>
> Please read: Beta2 is not out yet, these are test builds of the full CDs.

Ah, ... sorry, then, still it is an upload to unstable should be ok, but i
understand your reticence.

> Also, I've asked you to test your changes before they are uploaded and
> I've seen no indication that you have done so. It is completely normal to

Simple enough, i can't do so. adding partman-base to the ramdisk make it grow
beyond the capacity of my prep box to load it.

> test changes in software after you make them as developer _before_
> uploading them into the archive.

Nice, then i wonder how this could ever be broken in the first place, clearly
something did changes that where not tested and uploaded them. But them i
guess others are thrusted, and different rules apply to them, since poor
stupid sven has no idea about anything, and particularly not about partition
tables and parted, right ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther