Re: First commit of Tamil translation for Debian Installer

On 3/1/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > Christian, is all this info saved somewhere in the d-i SVN repo? This
> > would be really helpful for G-I font stripping.
>

> Not exactly. We have installer/build/needed-characters, that's all.

It has crossed my mind several times to use that info for font
stripping, but I never did it.
The main problem is the fact that consecutive codes should be
condensed in ranges and I didn't figured yet how to do this.

OTOH, now I remember that I was told at some point that the
information from those files is no longer used and this info is
actually gathered from the msgstrs from the po files. Is this true?

--
Regards,
EddyP