Vietnamese (was: Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts)

On 17/02/2006, at 8:55 PM, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

I suppose this is ok, but looking over the wiki page I can see that we
don't have a confirmation for Greek and i seems we have still problems
with Vietnamese. (Although Konstantinos probably would have said
something if things didn't looked right).

<Clytie immediately starts worrying>

Which wiki page, please? Should I be monitoring it?

Clytie, could you confirm infirm that Vietnamese is displayed
correctly once Davide has the new iso done?

Certainly. This is enormously important to our community. We need this installer so much.

Um, how do I confirm this matter? I don't have room on my machine to install Debian.

I run Mac OSX on a small laptop. I translate for a lot of open-source projects, and can't run every system, desktop or app. :(

OTOH, OSX, I've noticed, does use some Debian programs, e.g. fink uses apt and dpkg. I don't know if that's useful at all. I've often noticed fink installing Debian, Gnome, KDE or Translation Project files I've translated, as dependencies for other installs. I love to see my interface come up in my language. :) It's like coming home.