Re: [g-i] Indic scripts

Hi Soumyadip,
if you don't mind I'll bring the discussion to debian-boot so that
other people can contribute

> I'm maintaining ttf-indic-fonts, so you could consider me as a
> stakeholder. I've got college, so I'll make a short statement for
you
> to consider. I promise a detailed email some 6 hours hence.

great!

> Efforts are underway to add proper Indic glyphs to the freefotns
> family. The latest releases have Bengali and Hindi IIRC. If we can
use
> it, there won't be any more fonts needed. If we can't, wel then I
> suppose I'll have to make a udeb of the fonts required. And no,
apart
> from freefont, no other font has more than one Indic language
> support. :(

right: I have no problems using one font or another; looking at the
wiki [1], I remember we already discussed about this a while back and,
IIRC, we also gave a try to the CVS version of freefotts. This evening
I can produce the same images using the latest snapshot and see what
they look like. If freefont were not ready yet for Indic, would the
fonts currently used be ok?

Ciao
Davide

PS: no problem with the mispelled name :)

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts

Tiscali ADSL 4 Mega Flat
Naviga senza limiti con l'unica Adsl a 4 Mega di velocità a soli 19,95 € al mese!
Attivala subito e hai GRATIS 2 MESI e l'ATTIVAZIONE.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/4flat_tc/