Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:11:00AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 09 February 2006 23:33, Davide Viti wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:39:41PM +0100, Mohammed Adnène Trojette
> wrote:
> > > Is there a way to disable italic in Arabic?
> >
> > Attilio just sent me the following patch for cdebconf wich adds a
> > border to the widget displaying the italic text:
>
> The only problem with testing this patch this way is that, because the
> image only includes a regular nazli font, there is no italic font
> available and thus no text will be shown in italic...

it makes alot of sense, but the screenshot [1] grabbed by adn was from
the very same iso containing only nazli.ttf, so my conclusion would be
that the italic text is "computed" somehow if no explicit Italic font
is found.

> So, "is there a way to disable italic"? Sure. Just don't include a font
> that has italic characters for the arabic/persian range...

if what I stated before is true, you're false :)

Davide

[1] http://adn.diwi.org/tmp/italic-no-italic-nazli-only.png