Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

Hi Mohammed,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:39:41PM +0100, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> After testing, it seems that the "cut first character" is related to
> italic. Indeed, if you have a look at[0], you'll see that the same word
> is not rendered the same way when italic or not (see the first word - in
> RTL way, obviously - in the zoomed areas). When aleph (the vertical bar
> glyph) is italic, it goes out and is then cut.

mmmm...
a little bit of brainstorming:
- it might be a font problem (we might try with another font)

- it might be a problem with the libs (if the assumptions we made
before yesterday can be taken into account, I think the problem
is reproducible with 2.8.10 libs as well); in this case it might be
worth tryin to see what happens without dfb.

> Is there a way to disable italic in Arabic?

If the fe was designed to use Italic on that area of the screen then I
think we should find out how to get it working rather than just
avoiding it that way

Well, now we have something to work on :)

thanx
Davide