Re: [G-I] Screenshots of the installer with 2.8.10

Davide Viti wrote:
On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:53:49PM +0200, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

What happened with the idea to test this with an image build against
X? AFAIR, Attilio said that he will try to do it in order to test this
exact issue.

Not sure we need to do this (I want to do more tests with what we have
before) In case we had to test things with X I found some references
([1],[2]) that might be useful: this was Eugeny's experiment with g-i
and X.

To test how fonts look like under GTKX, you could try to recompile the GTKTextView test app on your X Desktop and copy&paste arabic/asian/... text inside. If you could test the app without GNOME running, i think it would produce more reliable results as GNOME usually overrides font/theme preferences set in gtkrc.

ciao

Attilio