Re: [G-I] Screenshots of the installer with 2.8.10

On 2/7/06, Davide Viti <zinosat@tiscali.it> wrote:
> > Note: I saw that for persian the "aleph" character is not cut (was
> > that happening for a certain screen?)
>
> I guess so. In Extremadura I "handed" the very same image you used for
> the screenshots to a Persian guy and he told me about the cut
> aleph. Would be helpful if we knew which particular screen is affeted.
>
> While we're on the subject:
> I tried the special application kindly provided by Attilio but I don't
> think it'll help to investigate the problem :(

I agree, as we don't have non-latin input activated in G-I, or do we?
Also the reproducibility is uncertain, although it would allow more
monkey testing.

What happened with the idea to test this with an image build against
X? AFAIR, Attilio said that he will try to do it in order to test this
exact issue.

> IMO we would need to extend that application so that it can read in
> the text from a file (nothing too sophisticated, maybe read a fixed
> file "displayme.txt" everytime you press a "refresh" button).

Combine this with the script I made for creating per language fonts
and we will have a lean machine for testing the red and yellow[1]
scripts ;-)

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerGUIFonts
--
Regards,