Re: install from an existing system

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 02:06:16AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 05 February 2006 01:52, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > Is the advice in
> > http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apds03.html about using
> > debootstrap still a useful guide to installing from an existing
> > system?
>
> Yes it is.
> If you notice any discrepancies, please file a bug report against package
> installation-guide.
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

I'm not sure this is a discrepancy, but I notice the Debian Reference
Manual on chroot (8.6.35.1 Run a different Debian distribution with
chroot) says "For post-Sarge distributions, you may use cdebootstrap
command instead ".

Reading the package descriptions, I can't really tell what the
difference is between cdebootstrap and debootsrap.  Does cdebootstrap
only work from Debian, and so the installation guide omits it?  Or is
the guide just dated?  Which flavor is best for me?

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Ross