Re: [partman] How to keep data in existing partitions

|--==> Anton Zinoviev writes:

  AZ> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 02:59:36PM +0100, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
  >>
  >>Here you can also  create a recipe including not  only / and swap, but
  >>also  /home with *keep* method, so  that you  can avoid creating files
  >>use_filesystem, filesystem etc. afterwards.

  AZ> This is simpler but that way partman-auto is not going to reuse an
  AZ> already existing /home partition.  Instead it creates a new partition,
  AZ> it doesn't format it and crosses fingers in hope that the new
  AZ> partition has absolutely the same location as the old /home partition.

Thinks for the insight, I didn't realise this  at all. So I guess that
my script seems to  behave correctly (i.e.   the  data in  an existing
/home  partition  are preserved) only  because  the situation  is very
peculiar  (always the same partitioning scheme  one the same disk with
the same size indication).

But what is the use of creating a partition and not formatting it?

Cheers,

Free