Re: install debian on usb disk (rw)?

On Saturday 14 January 2006 11:20, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I haven't seen this mentioned yet (nor did I try), but would
> it be possible to install Debian on a usb harddisk? Including
> partitioning, swap, reiserfs, etc.

A USB harddisk, provided it is recognized by the kernel, can be used in an
installation like any other kind of disk.
The only limitation may be in booting your system: can BIOS boot off it or
not. If not, you may have to put your /boot partition somewhere else.
There is also a bigger risk than with other setups that devices will be
named differently after rebooting than during the installation, so you
may have to fix that.