Re: How to run base-config in the first stage

|--==> Frans Pop writes:

  FP> On Sunday 08 January 2006 15:07, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
  >>I've read   that  the former  baseconfig-udeb   package has   now been
  >>integrated into d-i, but where exactly? And which preseed value should
  >>I use to run it?

  FP> Well, not exactly. The whole of base config has been integrated into first
  FP> stage, but split out over several components like clock-setup, tzconfig,
  FP> apt-setup, user-setup and pkgsel.

  FP> Preseeding the new setup is fully documented in:
  FP> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apb.html

Mmmh,  as  far as I   understand it  seems  that  only  some parts  of
base-config have been moved into d-i, for example the apt setup

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs04.html#preseed-apt

has the "d-i" prefix in the preseed lines, while account setup

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs04.html#preseed-account

still  as "passwd"   prefix,  that I   think  means that  it won't  be
considered by d-i,  but rather by  base-config when it  runs passwd in
the second stage.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Free