GTKDFB 2.8.3 status and g-i theming

Hi

During the currect week Mike Emmel has fixed many bugs in the DFB
backend to GTK: actually it's possible compiling the GIMP (an hard
testbenck for any GDK backand) against GTKDFB 2.8.3 and running it in a
stable way.
Some interest for the GTKDFB project showed up in the gtk-devel mailing
list, even if GTK main developers are still waiting to see what will
happen next.
The standard pixbuf theme engine (libpixbuf.so) for GTK has proved to
work with GTKDFB [1], so i propose to use this to do g-i theming:
is this a good choice in your opinion?
If we choose to use this theme engine (whose GTKX binary is provided by
gtk2-engines-pixbuf ) we should later compile this library (provided by
standard libgtk sources) against GDKDFB and package it into an udeb.
Does someone volunteer for creating a default theme for the g-i?
(Eduardo ?).
Actually a "DebianRed" theme do exists, but it doesn't provide graphics
for widgets.
For sure we'll be plenty of time to work on g-i theming during the
Extremadura meeting.

ciao

Attilio

[1] https://debian.polito.it/downloads/gimp_gtkdfb.png (Grand Canyon theme used here)