Re: Netinstall and kernel 2.6.14

On 1/3/06, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
chroot /target
cd root # or any other directory then /
wget http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-image-2.6-powerpc_2.6.14-7_powerpc.deb
# 2.6.15 not yet in the archive
dpkg -i linux-image-2.6-powerpc_2.6.14-7_powerpc.deb
exit # to leave the chroot

It works. I successfully booted the new system with the 2.6.14 kernel.

Now something strange has happened. I decided to repeat the *same* installation process again (with the same packages and options selected).

But this time, after the tasksel window, the installation process stops. Control+Alt+F4 shows that pkgsel failed with error 1. Is it possible? This is the same netinstall iso, with the same options, from the same mirror. I also tried the new iso released today, with the same result.

Any idea?

Thanks (again).