Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

On Friday 23 December 2005 04:58, Kenshi Muto wrote:
> Yeah, this was reason why my response was late.
> We tried to find the reason and finally Hidetaka noticed some glyph in
> uming.ttf refer CJK compatibility ideograph (U+F900-U+FAFF).
>
> Perhaps fontforge couldn't handle such reference. So that's just
> workaround but I included this region in uming.ttf to
> zh.ttf. Fortunately including them doesn't enlarge file size so much.

I have updated the tarball for ttf-compact-fonts and rebuilt the "daily"
images for i386 using it.

Kenshi: Isn't it getting time to upload the package?
I would suggest changing the name though. IMO ttf-cjk-compact would be a
better name as it makes clear which languages it supports.
I doubt we will want to add any other scripts in this udeb.

Cheers,
FJP