Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 15:43, Kenshi Muto wrote:
> I took some screenshots of keyboard selection to describe my
> thought. http://people.debian.org/~kmuto/d-i/cjk/cjk.html

Thanks for setting up this page. It makes the issues very clear.

> IMHO antialiased uming.ttf for simplifed/traditional is enough visible
> for me.
> http://people.debian.org/~kmuto/d-i/cjk/nox-ttf-simple.png
> http://people.debian.org/~kmuto/d-i/cjk/nox-ttf-traditional.png

To my, admittedly completely untrained, eye the font looks too grey and
because of that somewhat undefined. There is quite a big contrast between
the Chinese characters and the Latin characters.
I also find the characters in the "OK" button and some bold characters in
the title quite indistinct, probably also because of the grey background.