Re: Graphical installer - invitation to get involved

Lior Kaplan wrote:
I took a look at
https://debian.polito.it/downloads/d-i_gtk_snapshots_nonlatin/hebrew.png

The Hebrew looks fine - it's in RTL order. Thanks.

With whom can I talk about having Hebrew  aligned to the right (and I
guess other RTL languages) ?

Hi Lior

Strings are left-aligned inside the GTKTreeView because ATM the g-i uses GTK libraries v 2.0.9, while support for RTL alignement inside GTKTreeView widgets was introduced in GTK v. >=2.2.0. As soon as we switch to GTKDFB 2.8.3 (an experimental iso is available [1]) this bug will be solved. Note that this happens with other RTL languages too, as reported by Davide Viti [2].

thanks for testing

Attilio

[1] https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini_gtkdfb_2_8_3.iso