Re: Re: Dell Dimension 3100: keyboard freezes / SATA hdd not found

   <snip/>
> Well it might also be possible to find an unofficial installer cd with
> an updated kernel that better supports new hardware.  Dell has a habit
> of using the latest hardware possible, and often in non standard modes
> with no bios options to make it normal again.

That is what hardware manufactors do, they call it a new model ...

> That's just how things are with Dell.
> They are built to run windows and only windows as far as Dell is concerned.

That is why I don't buy hardware is bundled with software I don't want.

The sad thing is that _I_ do that only once in about three years.
But hey, this message goes to a mailinglist.

Cheers
Geert Stappers

P.S.

Wish me strengh and wisedom to _not_ beat up a friend,
who did buy a windows only WIFI networkcard.