Re: Idea for changing the text and possibly colours of graphical d-i

--- Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> Quoting Eduardo Silva (jobezone@yahoo.com):
[...]
> > With a few changes in the text:
> > http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/mockup-then2.png
>
> What should be done is reverting the order of the
> short description
> ("Network configuration failed") and the long
> description ("Your
> network is...").
>
> This is what's done in the dialog interface where,
> at least for notes
> and error tempaltes, the short description is meant
> as a "box title"
> or "header" and, more logically, comes first. The
> wording is meant
> that way.

I've probably been looking at an old d-i gtk iso, and
I think you're right.
For times (not error or note dialogs) when the user is
prompted, perhaps the short description/question
should be on the bottom, near the answer (text box or
options). I guess this is just the way it's already
done in the newt interface.

By the way, who thought of the look and functionality
of the newt interface? Every time I have a doubt about
something (like this one), the newt interface has got
it perfect! I always knew it had a clever design, but
it gets better and better as I look into it.

Eduardo

OH MY ... http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/index.html

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs